Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Ella!


Ella and Brennan have been having fun being four years old together for the past three days, but today Ella turned 5. Being the resident "Drama Queen" she went hysterical when I told her I had a doctor's appointment this morning. The wailing sounded something like, "It's my birthday! You'll miss it! What about my pancakes!?! Waaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" She calmed down a little when I told her I'd only be gone a few hours first thing in the morning and that Nana was coming over to make her pancakes for breakfast. Nana made some ginormous (Anna's new word that she enjoys telling me is now an actual real word according to the dictionary) pancakes. I had about half of one when I got back from my appointment. The kids spent most of the day playing with a neighbor friend. They spent time riding ripsticks, scooters, a razor and playing the wii. After Brennan had a nap we got ready and went to see The Tale of Despereaux. After the movie Ella kept saying that we missed her birthday cake. Nana to the rescue again. Once we got to my mom's house Ella helped put her birthday cake together. We sang happy birthday. She blew out the candles. All three of the kids are now outside playing with the candles and fire. What is it about nanas that they let their grandkids do things their kids weren't even allowed to do? I guess they just love them more! Check out my mom's blog for some pictures of the pyromaniacs and their nana. Even though Ella opened all her birthday presents on Brennan's birthday, she still wants to know if she'll have any to open when she gets home. What is that called...being a child of excess...caused by parents overindulgence...yep I think it is. Anyway, she'll have a little to open. A new toothbrush, Tinkerbell body spray, and some candy. She'll love all of it and ooh and aah appropriately because she's my Ella and that's what she does. 

Happy Birthday Ella!

No comments: