A year ago today, we lost Jon. In memory of Jon, I'm posting his obituary, a poem that I wrote quite a few years ago for Father's Day and a slideshow of some of the pictures with Jon and the kids.
After a sudden and very brief illness, Jon Greene, 41, of Lake Jackson, passed away Wednesday, February 6, 2008. Jon was born on May 31, 1966 and was the beloved son of Charlie and Faithie Greene of Acworth, Georgia. Raised in Acworth, Jon relocated to the Brazosport area in 1998, to marry Jennifer Fleming and later start their family. Jon was an extraordinary family man. The sun rose and set in his wife and children. They were his hobby, his interest and his purpose in life.
He is survived by his wife of 9 years, Jennifer and their three children: Anna Claire (7), Ella Paige (4) and Brennan Michael (3) all of Lake Jackson.
Jon is also survived by his parents, Charlie and Faithie Greene of Acworth, Georgia, one brother, Brad Greene and wife Erica, also of Acworth, mother-in-law, Christine Van Horn of Lake Jackson and was preceded in death by his father-in-law Michael Van Horn.
He was an employee at The Texas Dow Employees Credit Union as an Operations Analyst in the IT department.
Jon was a quiet, unassuming man of integrity. He revered his parents, treasured his brother and was a devoted husband and passionately loved his children. We will deeply miss his delightsome nature, quick wit and the mischievous twinkle in his eye. Farewell, our dear Jon, we will try to hang in there without ya, until we meet again.
“My Daddy”
My daddy is the greatest,
A very special guy.
He doesn’t drive a fancy car,
Or wear a suit and tie.
My Daddy spends the time with me,
That’s how I know he cares.
It’s important what he’s teaching me.
With memories that we share.
We watch cartoons together,
We play games and he reads me books,
My daddy makes up silly songs,
And gives me silly looks.
My daddy takes me to the park,
He swings me and lets me slide.
My daddy twirls me ‘round and ‘round,
And gives me horsie rides.
There are so many other things,
That make my dad the best.
He’s the cream of the crop,
He’s number one, hands down above the rest.
I love my daddy very much,
He is so good to me.
He kisses and hugs me everyday,
And loves me unconditionally.
- Jen Greene 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Jen my thoughts have been on you for a while. I know this is a hard time. I wish I had words of comfort or something wise and profound to say. Just know that I love you...
Jen, I can't imagine your thoughts and feelings today. Those photos are precious. I hope you are doing alright. I think of you and all my other Jane Long friends and miss you guys. Jill (Minatrea)
Beautifully done, Jen. I am surprised at how much I still miss Jon, but I am grateful for the legacy he left. Your children are a perfect reflection of your and Jon's love and life together. I couldn't be more proud of how you've survived the loss, knowing from experience that you feel life will never be happy again. You have instilled strength in your children and helped them to know that it isn't just about this life. In the end, it is love that will sustain us and I will be forever grateful for that Crazy Greene Love. Mom
Thanks Jen. I needed that! Thanks for being so brave and sharing your love and thoughts of Jon. I miss him too!
Jen, what a terrible anniversary. The day you lost a best friend, husband and partner. We lost a great friend and Dorian's favorite partner in crime. I can't think about that phone call without tears springing to my eyes. We love you Jenn-and we love the kids too. That love in no way measures even close to the enormous love Jon feels for you all-even today.
Love you all so much!! I'm giving you all a great big hug right now! I can't believe it's been a year...you are the strongest person I'll ever know. I think of Jon often and how much we miss him. Love you, Kelly
Remembrance
Remembrance is a golden chain
Death tries to break,
but all in vain.
To have, to love, and then to part
Is the greatest sorrow of one's heart.
The years may wipe out many things
But some they wipe out never.
Like memories of those happy times
When we were all together.
~ Author Unknown
Post a Comment