Saturday, January 17, 2009

Anna's First Basketball Game




A couple of seasons ago I talked Anna into playing soccer. Her soccer season was quite successful, but Anna wasn't too thrilled with the game. Before the season was in full swing she asked, "Why didn't you tell me there was so much running?" Need I mention that Anna didn't want to return to soccer?

Now, Anna decided, on her own, that she wanted to try basketball this year. There's a local church that sponsors the Upward Basketball program. The name of Anna's team is the Lady Salukis. Here's a picture of Anna from the game and one of Ella and Brennan watching the game. For exhibiting Christlike behavior and attitude during the game, Anna received a white star to stitch to her jersey. Although she was nervous about her first game, Anna did a great job and seemed to have fun. I think she'll have even more fun in the games to come as her confidence grows and she becomes less Christlike...I mean...a little more aggressive.

I only took about 100 other pictures and most of them were too blurry to see what was going on. I've GOT to learn how to use my new camera! I know, I know...when all else fails, READ THE MANUAL!

No comments: